Full-Time Administrative Assistant – Accounting and Finance
SkyWire products are currently being utilized all over the world, from hospitality, to gaming, to health care facilities, and beyond, a truly global company that is just getting started. We are proud to offer our employees a small, fast paced, and inviting setting where everyone’s input and involvement are highly valued. If you desire a work environment where you really matter, where your contributions have a direct impact on not only your own personal success but the success of the company, we invite you to read more about this or other job opportunities and contact us to discuss further.
Act as support for the finance and accounting department. Perform general administrative duties such as filing, faxing, and answering telephones. Accounting tasks such as preparing checks, creating budgets, calculating billing statements, preparing and submitting tax forms, coding documents, compiling financial records and managing inventory records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the VP of Accounting and Finance
- Enter payables and receivables, make bank deposits, create and send client invoices
- Helping with the implementation of internal processes for revenue recognition including managing/reviewing all revenue and deferred revenue accounting
- Assist with all month-end-close tasks
- Create and maintain internal financial reporting
- Organize and maintain electronic financial and personnel files
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks
- Prepare trial balances of books
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Calculate and prepare checks for vendors
- Reconcile records of bank transactions
- Prepare and submit most sales use tax returns
- Prepare purchase orders
- Prepare expense reports
- Maintain inventory records
- Support the executive team of the company in driving best practices across the company in corporate governance, ethical standards and sustainable business practices
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2 years administrative duties
- 2 years work experience in accounting or finance related roles (e.g. AP, AR, bookkeeping)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals with differing knowledge levels
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated desire for personal efficiency.
- Ability to work with confidential data and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Experience with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Proficiency in the following:
- MS Office Suite
- Intuit QuickBooks Online
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Work experience in the hospitality or software industry a plus
- Proficiency in the following technologies is a plus:
- Must be able to observe, identify, and correct technical errors on accounting materials across all outlets.
- Must be able to move and lift 20 lbs.
- Base salary
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid company holidays
- Flexible time off policy
- Amazing Growth potential
- Warm, friendly environment
How To Apply
If this position intrigues you, please email your resume and qualifying cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org