Full-Time Senior Software Engineer
SkyWire products are currently being utilized all over the world, from hospitality, to gaming, to health care facilities, and beyond, a truly global company that is just getting started. We are proud to offer our employees a small, fast paced, and inviting setting where everyone’s input and involvement are highly valued. If you desire a work environment where you really matter, where your contributions have a direct impact on not only your own personal success but the success of the company, we invite you to read more about this or other job opportunities and contact us to discuss further.
Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Senior Software Engineer also provides mentorship to junior software engineers for their continued growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solve interesting and challenging problems from refactoring to design and testing.
- Altering and expanding upon an existing feature. Design aspect- front end/back end design, architecture design, how data flows, API, etc. Software design.
- Participate in a fast-paced agile software development lifecycle.
- Audit, evaluate, and refactor existing legacy code.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Design or develop software systems, using proven design patterns to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Proactively create, identify, and redesign or improve, the software architecture of a SkyWire product annually.
- Promote and adhere to SkyWire’s current coding standards.
- Deploy production software.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Coordinate installation of software system.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering personnel.
- Advise customer about or perform maintenance of software system.
- Provide mentorship to junior software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study or 3-5 years of work experience.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to write high quality code in a test-driven development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals with differing knowledge levels.
- Strong work ethic.
- Possesses strong critical thinking skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills under deadlines.
- The ability to handle pressure during peak business seasons.
- Robust technical knowledge of computer hardware/software.
- A demonstrated desire for personal efficiency and software excellence.
- Proven mentorship capabilities.
- Proficiency in the following:
- Visual Basic.NET
- Web Services (WCF, ASMX, REST)
- Entity Framework
- MS SQL Server
- Client/Server programming
- Work experience in the hospitality industry a plus
- Windows certification(s)
- Bilingual a plus
- Reside in Las Vegas, NV
- Proficiency in the following:
- Angular/ AngularJS
- .NET core
- Must be able to sit for 80% of shift.
- Must be able to observe, identify, and correct technical and operational errors.
- Must be able to move and lift 30lbs.
- Base salary
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid company holidays
- Flexible time off policy
- Amazing Growth potential
- Warm, friendly environment
How To Apply
If this position intrigues you, please email your resume and qualifying cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org